After advocating for the mandatory introduction of Electronic Work Diaries (EWD), we’re pleased to share that our EWD partner Teletrac Navman has received formal approval of their technology by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR).
A selection of our Queensland Transport Operators will trial the technology with the aim to deploy EWDs across our entire fleet. The in-vehicle driver information will allow our team to plan their work and rest breaks and act when alerted to imminent working hour limits.
“Since investing in technology to maintain our safety track-record, we are pleased to see that the Teletrac Navman EWDs has received approval. We truly believe that our Transport Operators will benefit from the efficiency and reliability that comes from a paper-less logbook and we look forward to EWDs being made available to our entire national fleet,” said Kelly Wells, Logistics Director at ALDI Australia.
“The move to an electronic format of driver reporting has proven to provide systematic compliance with fatigue regulation and drivers have reported that the electronic process is more nimble, giving back additional time to prioritise other tasks throughout their shift,” said Andrew Rossington, Chief Product Officer, Teletrac Navman.
The switch to EWDs is one of the many investments that we have made in our transport teams to ensure the highest standard of safety and efficiency for our Transport Operators.
The announcement of NHVR’s approval on Teletrac Navman’s EWD is timely ahead of Road Safety Week on 15th – 21st November. We recognise the importance of encouraging driver safety on Australia’s roads and are proud of our own safety first culture.
- ALDI works alongside its drivers to develop safe and efficient route plans that help to reduce their total kilometres and drive times
- ALDI employs driver trainers and mechanics at all of our Distribution Centres
- ALDI maintains one of the most modern fleets on the road. The average age across ALDI’s fleet is four years, compared to an Australian average age of 14.8 years
- ALDI’s vehicles are equipped with safety features and low particulate emission technology. Safety features include ABS, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control.
- ALDI audits the performance of all our domestic freight providers ensuring compliance with the law
- ALDI maintains a Heavy Vehicle Transport Services Safety and Corporate Responsibility Charter with its supply chain operators