ALDI Australia has taken top spot in the Australian Business Award’s – Employer of Choice 2020. This year’s win is a testament to the supermarket’s 13,500 hardworking and dedicated employees, particularly during a very challenging year.
ALDI aims to create an environment that provides meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth. ALDI knows its people are their most valuable asset and as such, rewards them for their dedication with competitive remuneration, an excellent work-life balance and high degrees of responsibility.
“It is a great acknowledgement to have won Employer of Choice in a year that has seen many challenges. Despite the year that has been, our employees have shown resilience throughout a time of unfamiliarity. We are incredibly grateful for our people and this recognition is testament to our focus on creating a great place to work for all of our employees,” said Saffron Newton, HR Director, ALDI Australia.
ALDI’s business approach is based on three core values: simplicity, consistency and responsibility. These values form the basis of how ALDI operates, including its recognition, benefits and remuneration. Some of these include:
- Five weeks of annual leave per year for salaried employees
- Pay equality – equal pay for the same work in the same location
- Primary carers receive 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Confidential counselling services and discounted health insurance for all employees
- Free flu vaccinations for every employee
- In response to recent bushfires, Emergency Services Leave has been extended from one week paid leave to four weeks paid leave for all registered emergency services volunteers
Professional development is also an area of emphasis and there are a variety of programs in place or launching soon for employees to develop in their roles. Some of these programs include:
- ‘The Future Leaders Program’, which recognises high performing store employees and develops them into Store Managers
- ‘Logistics Leaders’, a program which invests in ALDI’s Distribution Centre network by developing high performing Warehouse Operators
- ‘The AMS Leadership Program’, designed to help all newly appointed leaders to motivate, develop and engage their employees
This year has proven that ALDI’s people are truly at the forefront of what they do and that keeping them safe is their number one priority. In response to COVID-19, ALDI invested in safety measures to protect employees and shoppers. Some of these measures include the installation of clear protective screens at each register, as well as an ongoing and ample supply of Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, mask and hand sanitiser available to all employees.
As part of its investment in its people, ALDI also recently improved the design, efficiency and functionality of its largest office in Minchinbury, which has housed corporate employees since 2001. The refit has seen the corporate office transition into a more open plan space with increased natural light and more desk space.
ALDI is proud to be Australia’s Employer of Choice and is grateful to every single employee who has made this possible.
For more information on working for ALDI, visit https://www.aldicareers.com.au